Senior Software Engineer
Seraph Biosciences is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with cloud architecture (AWS), database (SQL), and embedded medical device (C++/SQL/QT) experience. The successful applicant will work in collaboration with the company’s software development partner, Senior Software Research Scientist, and biomedical lab team. The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities are to develop and implement an overall cloud architecture, related APIs, and a secure database strategy.
The Senior Software Engineer will have excellent problem-solving skills and a working knowledge of embedded systems. The company’s core application is a Windows-based embedded software built using C++, QT, and SQL. The architecture contains proprietary algorithms that were developed using Python. The company’s long term plan is to port the existing core application over to Linux for a HIPAA compliant, FDA clinical trial.
The selected candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Report directly to the company’s Director of Engineering and collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer, Senior Software Research Scientist, and software development partner
- Core tasks will include creating a requirements definition, designing and developing a cloud architecture (AWS), implementing a secure database strategy, and performing all related coding
- Conduct code reviews, unit testing, debugging, and software/hardware integration
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Collaborate with the company’s Senior Software Research Scientist and software development partner to improve the company’s core application
- Support quality checks such as milestone reviews and quality assessments
- Document company development phases and monitor company systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related degree
- Strong development and implementation experience with AWS, related APIs, and SQL
- Strong development and implementation experience with HIPAA compliant network security
- Strong development and implementation experience using the Agile development life cycle
- Strong development and implementation experience with JIRA and Git
- Familiarity with QT, C++, and Python
- Familiarity with firmware, device drivers, and multiple threads
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing and debugging kernel drivers for Windows and embedded Linux
- Experience with ARM-based processors
- Experience with embedded Linux applications, file-systems, boot processes, and driver architectures
- Experience with Static Code Analysis
- Experience developing applications or drivers for USB host-side or client-side
- Experience with the data link layer and device drivers
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Seraph Biosciences, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Seraph Biosciences, Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.
Seraph Biosciences was created specifically to commercialize Seraspec®, a Raman spectroscopy-based platform technology for real time pathogen detection and identification at the point of care. Seraspec® represents a paradigm shift away from existing methods for identification of dangerous bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic infections. Our patent-pending technology and method of detection effectively eliminates the need for costly and time-consuming laboratory-based methods of specimen collection, processing and pathogen identification.
Please feel free to send completed applications (resume, cover letter & references) to our company email or via mail at Seraph Biosciences, Inc., 19 Clifford Street, Detroit, Michigan 48226.
Seraph Biosciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.