Vice President, Product Development
Seraph Biosciences is seeking a Vice President of Product Development to provide direct oversight and strategic direction for the company’s product development cycle. This position requires an immersion into the company’s existing R&D efforts and transitioning existing hardware, embedded software, deep-learning, cloud-architecture, and laboratory efforts to meet specific customer requirements outlined in the product requirements document (PRD).
The successful applicant will be responsible for refining the company’s existing phase gate approach to product development and implementing needed controls/resources to ensure existing pre-production hardware/software and laboratory data/analysis milestones are met. This includes authority over the company’s existing hardware, software, deep learning, and laboratory vendors.
The selected candidate will have the following responsibilities.
- Work in close collaboration with the Chief Science and Technology Officer to achieve technology milestones necessary to further the company’s fundraising and related commercialization efforts.
- Report directly to the Chief Operations Officer in refining platform development, product roadmaps, laboratory analysis, and multi-generational product development.
- Manage technology development activities including platform development and software development.
- Work collaboratively with the company’s management team to meet development milestones, budgets, cost-of-goods targets, and timelines through clear and regular communication.
- Assist with the recruitment of core engineering and technical team members.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s quality system and designs to applicable standards.
- Lead and coordinate design reviews, data analysis, documentation and design controls.
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Physics, and/or Biology
- Strong understanding of FDA device regulation, preferably with experience in De Novo 510(k) reviews and clinical trials.
- in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related degree
- Development and implementation experience using the Agile development life cycle.
- Proven success or experience in medical device commercialization or manufacturing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with business acumen to work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, and Board of Directors as well as external partners and customers.
- Successful progression in product development, research, engineering and leadership roles.
- Product development experience starting from ideation/conception through successful market commercialization.
Senior Software Engineer
Seraph Biosciences is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with cloud architecture (AWS), database (SQL), and embedded medical device (C++/SQL/QT) experience. The successful applicant will work in collaboration with a primary software development partner, senior software engineer / researcher, and biomedical lab team. Primary responsibility will be to develop and implement overall cloud architecture, related API’s, and a secure database strategy.
The Senior Software Engineer will have excellent problem-solving skills and a working knowledge of embedded systems. The core application is Windows-based embedded software built with C++, QT, and SQL. Proprietary algorithms have been developed using Python. Long term plan is to port existing application over to Linux for HIPPA compliant FDA clinical trial.
The selected candidate will have the following responsibilities.
- Report directly to Director of Engineering and collaborate directly w/CEO, Senior Software Engineer and software development partner
- Core tasks will include requirements definition, AWS architecture design/development, secure database strategy/implementation, and related coding
- Conduct code reviews, unit testing, debugging, and software/hardware integration.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Collaborate with senior software engineer and software development partner to improve core application
- Support quality checks such as milestone reviews and quality assessments
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related degree
- Strong development/implementation experience w/ AWS, related API’s, and SQL
- Strong development/implementation experience with HIPAA compliant network security
- Strong development/implementation experience using Agile development life cycle
- Strong development/implementation experience w/ Jira and Git
- Familiarity w/ QT, C++, and Python
- Familiarity with firmware, device drivers, and multiple threads
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing and debugging kernel drivers for Windows and embedded Linux
- Experience with ARM-based processors
- Experience w/ embedded Linux applications , file-systems, boot process, or driver architecture
- Experience with Static Code Analysis
- Experience developing applications or drivers for USB host-side or client-side
- Experience with the data link layer and device drivers
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Seraph Biosciences, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Seraph Biosciences, Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.
Seraph Biosciences was created specifically to commercialize Seraspec®, a Raman spectroscopy-based platform technology for real time pathogen detection and identification at the point of care. Seraspec® represents a paradigm shift away from existing methods for identification of dangerous bacterial, viral, fungal and parasitic infections. Our patent pending technology and method of detection effectively eliminates the need for costly and time-consuming laboratory-based methods of specimen collection, processing and pathogen identification
Please feel free to send completed applications (resume, cover letter & references) to our company email or via mail at Seraph Biosciences, Inc., 19 Clifford Street, Detroit, Michigan 48226.
Seraph Biosciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.