Senior Software Engineer
Seraph Biosciences is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with cloud architecture (AWS), database (SQL), and embedded medical device (C++/SQL/QT) experience. The successful applicant will work in collaboration with a primary software development partner, senior deep-learning engineer / researcher, and biomedical lab team. Primary responsibility will be to develop and implement overall cloud architecture, related API’s, and a secure database strategy.
The Senior Software Engineer will have excellent problem-solving skills and a working knowledge of embedded systems. The core application is Windows-based embedded software built with C++, QT, and SQL. Proprietary deep learning algorithms have been developed using Python. Long term plan is to port existing application over to Linux for HIPPA compliant FDA clinical trial.
The selected candidate will have the following responsibilities.
- Report directly to Director of Engineering and collaborate directly w/CEO, Senior Deep Learning Engineer and software development partner
- Core tasks will include requirements definition, AWS architecture design/development, secure database strategy/implementation, and related coding
- Conduct code reviews, unit testing, debugging, and software/hardware integration.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Collaborate with senior deep learning engineer and software development partner to improve core application
- Support quality checks such as milestone reviews and quality assessments
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related degree
- Strong development/implementation experience w/ AWS, related API’s, and SQL
- Strong development/implementation experience with HIPAA compliant network security
- Strong development/implementation experience using Agile development life cycle
- Strong development/implementation experience w/ Jira and Git
- Familiarity w/ QT, C++, and Python
- Familiarity with firmware, device drivers, and multiple threads
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing and debugging kernel drivers for Windows and embedded Linux
- Experience with ARM-based processors
- Experience w/ embedded Linux applications , file-systems, boot process, or driver architecture
- Experience with Static Code Analysis
- Experience developing applications or drivers for USB host-side or client-side
- Experience with the data link layer and device drivers
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Seraph Biosciences, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Seraph Biosciences, Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.
Seraph Biosciences was created specifically to commercialize Seraspec®, a Raman spectroscopy-based platform technology for real time pathogen detection and identification at the point of care. Seraspec® represents a paradigm shift away from existing methods for identification of dangerous bacterial, viral, fungal and parasitic infections. Our patent pending technology and method of detection effectively eliminates the need for costly and time-consuming laboratory-based methods of specimen collection, processing and pathogen identification
Please feel free to send completed applications (resume, cover letter & references) to our company email or via mail at Seraph Biosciences, Inc., 19 Clifford Street, Detroit, Michigan 48226.
Seraph Biosciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.